Saturday, September 22, 2012

Our Outdoor Learning Area (OLA), Planets, and Music




Click to enlarge


On Monday we have a dedication to our new Outdoor Learning Area (OLA) at 11:00.  That will be followed by a celebration of cutting the cake inside the school.  We'll enjoy eating our cake while we discuss what we saw and how we can use our new OLA.

This week we'll continue to learn about planets and the solar system.  We will start painting our planets for a mobile on Tuesday and we should finish them up by Thursday.  We'll hang them in our classroom for a week and then we'll send them home.  The children really enjoyed making their rocket-ships this past week.

For music this week, we will do rhythm sticks, musical egg shakers and dance to a new CD by Jim Gill called Moving Rhymes for Modern Times.  We'll try a little square dancing to Swing Your Partner and we'll also learn the motions to Face the Facts.  Here are the words to Face the Facts....you can see how fun this will be to act out!

I must face the fact.  My swimming arms are back.
We must face the fact.  Our swimming arms are back.
They are splashing, flapping. stretching, lapping one full mile exact.
We must face the fact.  Our swimming arms are back.

I must face the fact. My scissor legs are back. 

We must face the fact.  Our scissor legs are back.
They are cutting, clipping. slicing, snipping, trimming the rick rack.
We must face the fact.  Our scissor legs are back.

I must face the fact.  My driving arms are back.
We must face the fact.  Our driving arms are back.
They are guiding, steering, turning, veering, my air Cadillac.
We must face the fact.  Our driving arms are back.

I must face the fact.  My binocular eyes are back.
We must face the fact.  Our binocular eyes are back.
They are peering, peeking, scanning, seeking needles in haystacks.
We must face the fact.  Our binocular eyes are back.

I must face the fact.  My jumping jacks are back.
We must face the fact.  Our jumping jacks are back.
They are bounding, flapping, jumping, clapping, picking up the slack.
We must face the fact.  Our jumping jacks are back.

No comments:

Post a Comment