Friday, May 17, 2013




I just found this letter and thought it was appropriate to post!  I know on many occasions you have talked to me about the responses you get when you ask your child about their day and here's a letter that addresses that!
Dear Parents,
When your child responds to the questions “What did you do today?” with a frustrating “Nothing”….remember…..
When children come home at the end of the day,
The question they're asked as they scurry to play,
is “Tell me, what did you do today?”
Perhaps nothing means I worked with clay
Or learned my shapes or counted today.
Maybe I did a listening sheet,
Or reviewed the body parts from head to feet.
Nothing may mean that I sang a song,
Or learned concepts like short or long.
I may have learned how to write my name,
Or gone outside to play a game.
Maybe this was the day for the first time
That my scissors followed a very straight line.
Maybe I said the ABC’s from beginning to end,
Or worked cooperatively with a brand new friend.
I may have walked the balance beam and fallen off,
Or learned to cover my mouth when I cough.
Perhaps nothing means that I painted a tree,
Or wrote the numbers 1,2,3.
When you are a child and your heart has wings,
“Nothing” can mean so many things!!
-Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment